Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh Really, it's hot at 4 PM?

What a maroon (who said it?)!

Ok, so at 3 PM I go out and cut the grass, that goes well, it's overcast, breeze kicking up, didn't want to weed eat because, well, I don't like to, AND rain seemed imminent. So, I'm thinking last time I did Hill Kings I only did 5 and I'm supposed to be working my way up to 50, so I really should some Hill Kings, I love to run in the rain. So, I trade in the nasty yard shoes for some nasty running shoes and I'm off like a ..... slug :(

It's not so bad a first, but the rain doesn't come, takes me about 20 minutes to get the 2 miles to the MLK bridge, and now the sun is out (don't like the Florida weather, wait a minute it'll change), but there is still a breeze, so it's not too bad. Do the first 3 Hill Kings and I'm actually starting to feel pretty good. Get ready to run up that bridge for the fourth time, and the breeze stops dead. Start over for the fifth trip up the bridge and the sun screen from my bald head melts and drips into my eyes, OK, that burns (I gotta market some better sun screen for the follicley challenged, Bean Screen, I'll call it, maybe even throw in a little Grecian and some Rogainne, stage 2 will have some hair gel in it as well.) I am SO happy I brought Gatorade instead of water, so I can't squirt that in my eyes. Regardless, I do #'s six and seven, and head for home. Man I it's so freaking hot by this point, I'd love to walk, but I am now travelling right past the school where I work, and my guys are having football practice in this heat. It's bad enough that they see me in my little running shorts, I can't let those guys see me walking too. So, I straighten up, puff out my chest, throw my shoulders back, and pick up the pace till I get past the practice field and around the corner, and then I stop like a runaway truck on one of those ramps near Mounteagle Tennessee! I walked off and on the rest of the way home.

It was a good time! It's hot at 4 PM in August in Florida? Who knew? What a maroon!

Yesterday's workout: 8 Miles with 7 Hill Kings. No wildlife, 3012 cars, lots of whinning.
Today: Gym for abs and leg muscles
Tomorrow: Pasco Well Fields 8 - 10

4 comments:

superdave524 said...

Bugs Bunny. Thanks for the early softball.

Mr. Matt said...

Ah, yeah Bugs! Go buy yourself and Icey. Hey is that bear on the Icey the same one from Hamms Beer? I wonder....

Chase Squires said...

Hot here, too. But it's a dry heat.

(oh, so's a pizza oven)

Bean Screen? Not a bad idea.

Or, you could wear a hat.

Mr. Matt said...

Hat = Hot. I always said (though I never have) that I could run naked in zero degrees as long as I had on gloves and a hat. Heat escapes through the head and hands. Hat = Hot.