Monday, August 6, 2007

Welcome Back Kotter

After a summer of recreation and some serious junk miles, I'm back. Oh goody goody gumdrops, I get to teach school, coach cross country and try to get ready to run 5 x 100 mile races over the next year.

What can I say, I thought it was going to be much easier than it's already proving to be. I had to do a little research didn't I? Turns out that there is about a 30% finish rate for the grand slam. Turns out only 2 people from Florida (I knew that, but it really hit home up in Vermont this year, when 3 of 4 very well trained people from our little group didn't make it to the finish) have finished. Our terrain really isn't suited for top finishes.

But, I am going to attack this thing for 366 days straight. Nothing will take precedent over this slam. Hence, starting with the first Saturday after Labor Day this blog will get more technical in nature. At that time I will do a lot of simple reporting on what I did for the day, how I feel, what I ate, and what I plan to do. I'll keep my medical information up to date. And I'll be open for suggestions. There may be other changes as well. I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time, yall hang in there with me.

AndyMan

4 comments:

Rebekx said...

well, of course it will be HARD! I promise not to say even ONCE, "oh, you will do it..no problem!" I know those words have been spoken as encouragement in races past , but they just don't express the acknowledgment of self-sacrifice and self-discipline that better be in YOU in the coming months :)

anyway, I am thinking I am behind the fashion curve these days...running in a skirt? Reminds me of that really weird Laura Barkley (ala The Big Valley) side-saddle riding attire...anyone remember that?

Ang...don't get all technical on the blog!! yuk!(my $0.02)

Mr. Matt said...

Hey, was that the Linda Evans character? Hubba Hubba!

I know it will be hard, but I'll go in there swinging, and with a lot of luck, and even more preperation, I'll give it a good go! That's all I want is a good go!

Chase Squires said...

oh, lots of techno babble ... this'll be swell ... :-)

Mr. Matt said...

Chaser,
And I'm not sucking up (ok, you can tell I'm getting ready to suck up, just like when someone says, "it's not about the money..) No one, except probably you (I'm inhaling,) can come up with something clever everyday, besides, the techno stuff could serve as a guide as to what to do or (God forbid) not do in training.