Sunday, August 12, 2007

When it's Wong it's Right!

Special thanks to our own Julie Wong and her husband Eddie for hosting the August Croom and Que. We, Barb, Jon, Laura, Becky, Joe, Woody, Trudy, Davo, Lisa, Gio, Candi, Randy, and Andy, made the longer than advertised journey from Croom to their humble estate. All I can ask is, who knew? That's a slew of sweaty, dirty nasty trail running fools to feed, bath and entertain. Anyway, their home is lovely and they were wonderful hosts. Thanks again you two!

View from the Wong's 2nd story Deck


Now, speaking of our crew we had a new member in the fold, Barbara. It was her first loop up there and her longest run ever at 12 miles. She ran we great! I am so proud of her as she trains for her first 1/2 marathon on Sept. 7, in Chicago and then on to the Disney Marathon in January. Wow, it is inspiring to see someone attack that kind of challenge. It never gets old hat to me and I always appreciate the enormous challenge in tackling new goals. Way to go Barbie, you are looking and running great and all of us are proud of you!

Today's workout: 12 miles at Croom. 30 laps in the pool. And the days longest workout, a loop around Julie's house (can you say football season :-)


Please Check out Dave's slide show of the Croom & Que at: http://picasaweb.google.com/rundavo/CroomParty812

And Don't forget pre-party video, where Jon and Laura drop the bombshell!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7490501592821663849&hl=en

2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Whoa, nice job Barb! NOT an easy first 12 miler!! (No deerflies at Disney, I swear)

I've run the Disney marathon, drop me an email if you want any details, from cheap places to stay to the race itself (there's LOTS to learn about it)

Barbara S said...

Thanks Chase. It suffices to say that I believe 12 miles at Croom is considerably harder than running down Bayshore. But, fortuately Andy was there to lend his encouragement and support. The highlight of my run came towards the end. As I was running up what surely felt like a heck of a hill to me, Andy looked back to share with me that we were getting ready to enter a tougher patch that had some hills. :-) Oh my!!In any event, I survived. Thanks to the rest of the Croom crew who also lended their support; it helped!