Thursday, September 13, 2007

All Better (almost) Now

Hey, I have been sick. Not ate expired Power Gel sick, but dizzy, headaches, can't run out of my own shadow sick. This wouldn't be a big deal, except I don't get sick. Yall, I had to skip two days of running. I was all set to go on Monday and Tuesday, but I just felt it wasn't a good idea, so I didn't do it.

No big deal, except that I have Arkansas coming up on Oct. 6, and I remember that last year I was running twice a day and never took a day off and I'd like to break 24 hours again. At least I thought I remembered all of that. Turns out that my running log tells a different story. Seems like I took several days off during my training. Turns out that I am running almost exactly the same number of miles this year as last year. Oops. Guess keeping this blog and keeping track of my workout may help many the aspiring Grand Slammer, and it will help any of you who feel the need to interject the truth into my stories when I look back and "Remember" my experience in the slam. Course if you let me, I will continue not to let the truth get in the way of a good story!


"I don't know if it happened, I only know that it's true." Andy Mathews 9/13/2007. And you can quote me on that!

3 comments:

superdave524 said...

Oh, I get it, running log!

Rebekx said...

sorry that you felt sick this week..think there is something strange going around as I felt sick on Monday...a little on Tuesday but it helped being off work...
ran into your friend Natalie tonight..what a small world (and I do have to clean it!)
yeah, and sarah felt sick last week..there is some sick stuff in this world {sigh}

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, it's a log and it's running. I don't even want to tell you about the picture I rejected!