Friday, September 28, 2007

The Long and (I hope to God!) Winding Road

As Bobby Beaucheaux said in the excellent (if you're 12) movie Waterboy, "You can Deaux it!" Well, the movie may have (did, I know I saw it 1o 1/2 times) sucked swamp water, I agree with Bobby, you can in fact do it. You may not, but you can. Shoot, I've seen it done.

Just yesterday I was running with my Cross Country team and they did it. A month ago they begged me to take them on the "River Loop." It's a 4-mile loop which goes along the ...... River. And it's a loop, so I call it .... the River Loop (mine may not be creative but at least mine's accurate, the 100 years war was like 112 years long.) So, a month ago I took them on the river loop, and a short 55 minutes later we were all back. High School kids, 4 miles, 55 minutes. Yeah, they weren't in very good shape and it was hot, and they walked some. Well yesterday against my better judgement I let them talk me into it again, and guess what. They all ran the whole thing we were back in well under 40 minutes. It was like magic! If in fact magic is working almost every day at something. If in fact magic is meeting every day after school in 95 degree heat and running. If in fact magic is going to meets over the weekends. If that's magic then viola! magically we did it!





From Soup to Nuts in 4 short weeks! You Can do it! I don't know that you will, but you can.

3 comments:

superdave524 said...

Well, it's about time! I can't believe you've gone several months without a single Adam Sandler reference until now. Thanks for remedying this most egregious error.

Mr. Matt said...

It's a slippery slope, but I think it's fair to pronounce that you will see some Punch Drunk Love and Billy Madison in the near future.

Chase Squires said...

Opera man!!