Monday, September 24, 2007

Summer has Fallen

You sure can tell that it isn't summer anymore. At 4:51 AM on Sunday it clicked over to fall. That must be why my run on Sunday was so pleasant :) Yeah, that's it.

Couldn't have been that I got to sleep in (all the way till 7 AM).

Couldn't have been that I ran a scant 4 Miles (hey, I know it's a long way, but when you're facing 25 times that long, and yes, that's literal.)

Couldn't have been that I had the company of the lovely Barbara with me (ah, it was a heckuva treat.)

Couldn't have been the weather, oh wait, that what I was saying, yeah it was the change of seasons, it's fall, the Bucs are on a long winning streak, (2 games) and you guys have ordered 7 new bracelets (and only one from Arlene this time, thanks Arlene, you know she qualified for Boston wearing hers :) And I'm tapering. Woowhooo, live is good!

AndyMan
ps, ready Chases' blog and my comment. The airlines screwed us both, but I don't feel like rewriting.

One more PS. Yall, I am not saying that there is a God, I'm saying don't bet against it. The night after I wrote the Don't Quit Post, I saw Lynne Muldoon at the Tampa Catholic football game. Lynne is Kelly's mom, and she was wearing the bracelet that Ali and I made for her after Kelly passed. Lynne offered to give Ali and I all of Kelly's beads. Seems that Kelly was in to that for a hobby. I'm not saying there is a God, I'm just saying we might want to live as if there is.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

OK...I have a BLUE bracelet customized for Boston, a RED generic "Don't Quit", an ORANGE "Don't Quit", and I will have a green and yellow (my alma mater colors) "Don't Quit". I don't want a black one...too morbid altho it goes with everything. I will have enough colors to coordinate with my running outfits and my work clothes.

If I think of any other colors that I need, will gladly prepay. Good service, fast delivery, and a good cause.

BTW...my favorite TWO words in the English language...TAPER and RECOVERY!

Mr. Matt said...

R & Freakin' R! (you know I actually got in trouble the other day at school for using the term "freakin'" Sometimes I miss old Jesuit, we used the real word there!

Rebekx said...

you need to quit saying IF and saying there is a God and He definitely is in control( or Divinely)

Mr. Matt said...

Hey, don't make God mad, you wouldn't like Her when she's mad. Sometimes if is the most powerful of words, I believe it works well in the post, if it works at all.