Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Easy Like a Sunday Morning

Yes, easy like a Sunday morning!

You ready? Here's the prediction for my Sunday morning; Prediction? Pain! (Who said it, and when? SuperDave, you don't get a guess, I know you you know,) now here's the real prediction:

Don't worry about getting up, I'll be there already. 12:34 AM, I'm running. I have been running for 18 hours and 34 huffing minutes! huff, huff, huff.
1:34 AM, I'm running
2:34 AM I'm running
3:34 AM I'm running
4:34 AM I'm running, but I can see the finish line :)
4:40 AM I cross the finish line :) I'm now done running. Only 22:40 minutes later. I come in 23rd place. I'm happy, but now I'm tired.

I look for the car, I find it, I lay in the back seat of the car, I drink a beer (I don't want it, but it's tradition) I drift off to blissful sleep. Ouch, make that blisterful sleep! Cramps, ow, ow, ow, cramps. I'm racked with pain, I can't sleep. I try to get up, go look for Chase. I'm stuck.

Easy like a Sunday Morning (I don't think it's what the Commodores had in mind!)

Oh, I'm going to have Barb update the blog for me on Sunday morning. Check back at about 8 AM Eastern time, at least one of us should get some sleep!

AndyMan

ps, this is only a prediction I don't know what actually happened!

4 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Well, don't wait up for me, I'm not expected in until around 9 or 9:30 .... :-) I'll give you the key to the car before the race. Don't lose it.

Mr. Matt said...

My favorite comment. "Don't lose it!" That had to be a set-up. "Well, you didn't say not to lose it"
"I just threw it over in woods over there. Did we need that?"

"Oh, the key, I left it at an aid station, if you'd have only said not to lose it!"

Or we could go with the secret hiding place....

Hey, I'll be either running or waiting when you finish, but I'll be there!

GatorFan said...

Prediction? Pain! Had to be Mr. T. Was it Rocky 3?

Mr. Matt said...

Steve-A-Reno,
Correct-a-mundo!
You win two tickets to the battle of the unbeatens, USF v Cincinnati.

Come and get 'em!