Sunday, October 14, 2007

Graduation Cermimonies for HFUU



Special Congratulations to Ms. Angie Arnst, who recently graduated Magna Cume Whatever from Harden the F' Up University. When asked to describe how this honor felt, Ms. Arnst puked all over this reporter. Spot-On Angie!




See, that's what I'm saying, it's keeping f'ing tough, you don't whine, you puke, off the trail thank you Angie, you wipe off your face with a dirty hand, you take a drink, and off you go. And that was what Angie did.




Ok, thanks to Leon, Angie, Michelle, Cary and Ron, (oh, we gotta thank Chase too, he brought Chopper to us) we now have a University. What does every University need? That's right funding... so make out your checks to, Er, I mean we need a mascot (Candi, I said A Mascot, no we can't be like Auburn and have 3, they're special :). Send me you mascot names and we'll run a poll, then have a final Election.

Here are few of the names I thought of:
Porcupine (Cardinal beware, this is an animal you don't want to mess with)
Pit Bulls
Ex-Spouses (Is there anything as scary?)
Spouses (Well, maybe)
The Felons (Sorry Super Dave, the CrimiNoles were taken!)
Sand in the Crotch
Cold Coffee (Yeah, I'll drink it)
And the Animals (Chrissy Ferguson, AT100 Race Director, if you finished this race today, "You're an Animal!" Grrr, Chrissy, Grrr!)








Kathleen Turner, as an ex, hot enough to.... Scare you!

Send me some more and Wed- Saturday we'll have us an election, do like the Republicans, vote early and often!

Way to go Angie, the first graduate of HFUU, yall, I saw her, she hardened the F' Up!






12 comments:

Just me said...

That Angie is a tough cookie! And I thought that before I knew about the puking!

I'd like to change the nomination of "ex-spouses" (I don't have one of those) to "ex-significant others" (got several of those - one who'd fit the bill for the HFUU mascot. Seven years with him might make ME a graduate of HFUU.)

Mr. Matt said...

Shoot, you could be a professor, maybe even Dr. HFUU!
The ex-signifs could work, we'll let the voters decide.

superdave524 said...

The Joe Six-Packs, or just the Joes.

Chase Squires said...

The Purple Toes ... The Nail Dingers ... The Whiners ... The Chafed ...

The Booze Monkeys ...

all good names...

I have a feeling all of our signifs would simply refer to us as "The Barely Tolerated"

Just me said...

I'm really liking the Booze Monkeys. HE is one tough cookie! I think he signifies all that is HFUed.

That's 2 for the Booze Monkeys.

Mr. Matt said...

You do have to like the Booze Monkies. It'll be on Wednesday's poll for sure.

I like Joe Six-Pack (the JSP's) or Joe Bag of Doughnuts is good.

Really would like to hear from the Shark Attack as well (Leon, Angie, Ron and crew)

The Puerto Rican said...

Ron Robards here aka The Puerto Rican. I'm really liken the "Porcupine". Couple of reasons, is he/she is one prickly SOB, which really helps out in HFU situations, and because it harkens back to a simpler time. Yes, that's right folks, the 3 Stooges. Who could ever forget the boys and Mo calling Larry porcupine.

That's my vote, and I'm sticking to it:)

Mr. Matt said...

The PPine makes the list!

The Puerto Rican said...

The following is an email that I sent to Fred Vasconi, our Blue Shark Gunga Din, to forward out to all of the Blue Shark's running team at the Downtown Y.

Fred,

Please pass on to the rest of the Shark’s. I have an update on the Shark contingency that we sent up to Croom this past Saturday.



The following illustrious members of our team were there, Leon Williamson, Michelle Ansley, Carey Smith, Angie Arnst, myself (The Puerto Rican), and Peebles (who I’ve known for several years but am not sure if that’s her real name, or just the name that Mike Benson assigned to herJ ).



The short story is that all of us finished the 50k (31 miles) and the day would have ended with us being happy with that result. Even with ultra type distances, if you’re feeling pretty good, you just keep on going until you don’t have to go anymore. But, when you’re feeling really bad, not able to keep anything in your stomach, not food, not water, not Gatorade, nothing, and you still have over 2 hours of the event left to go, that’s when the tough get going.



Our own Angie Arnst found herself in that situation on Saturday. She dug down, and she found that inner strength, determination, and just plain old stubbornness to keep on moving. They actually had a jeep out searching for her at one of the aid stations back in the woods, because it had been reported that she was going to abandon the race. Angie could not let that happen. She reached in, recovered, got fighting mad because she kept seeing other people going on to the finish, still over 2 hours away, and she started running.



She made that finish line, she did not abandon, and she IS an ULTRAMARATHONER.



She has my undying admiration.



Way to go Angie!!!!!!



The Puerto Rican

Mr. Matt said...

Barb has requested we change the name to either Harden the Heck U. Or just Harden Up U. HFUU may be offensive. Hey Chopper any thoughts on that? (Er, I can't really comment, I'm Hard, but not that hard)

The Puerto Rican said...

My personal feelings on the subject are:
If we try to make this politically correct, then we lose the right to be considered graduates of HFU University.
Sometimes things in life are offensive, that's what makes them great, that's what gives them teeth, that's what makes them memorable. A plain brown wrapper, nonoffesive life is not the life of a pirate. I've always wanted to be a pirate. My initials are RRR, as in AARR, AARR, AARR :)

Just random thoughts from the delusional.

Mr. Matt said...

Hey Rican,
Spot-On! Spot the F on!