Monday, October 8, 2007

Stick a Fork in Me!

Shoot, I'm already roasted & toasted. Stick a fork in me because I'm done!

Special thanks to Barbara for updating the Blog and for making up some awesome drops bags for me before my trip (and fall!). Special thanks to Ali for my bracelet, I needed it.

I'll write the report later, I don't know how much later because I'm like my last paycheck, or a fifth of Gin, I'm gone, gone, gone (at least I'm still able to educate America's youth!)

AndyMan
ps, Barb said it all along, I may have to believe it now, but after a 9th and 11th place finish in the same race, I may finally have to admit that I'm not too bad at this 100 mile thing (of all the things to be good at! Hey, he's great at hitting himself with a hammer! See that guy over there, he can keep his thumb in a vice longer than anyone I know, yeah, I guess he really trains for it!)

6 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Harden the f* up, Mathews.

Nice job, for anyone who doubts Andy's thumb vicing ability, this one proved it. What he doesn't tell you is that temps was upper 80s (a chilly 70+ at night) and humidity was a Florida-like 90 percent.

Of the 140 starters, more than 50 percent quit, 74 DNFs, including other top runners.

Rock on, Andy.

(and from me, special thanks to Barb for the bracelet, wore it the whole way, and didn't quit)

superdave524 said...

What I'm especially impressed with is AndyMan's time prediction a couple of entry's ago. I think he said 22:40 and finished 22:49? So, who's going to win the Superbowl?

Arlene said...

Complain, complain.... it's not like you haven't run distance in upper 80s before!

OK...so it was only 26.2 miles! And it was West Palm Beach. What's another 73.8 miles?

At first, I felt really bad about not being able to return your kindness by helping you on one of your runs since you so graciously helped me survived my WPB "swim".

But now I am so glad that the experience of training in THAT heat and humidity helped you get your latest adventure!

The AndyMan can, and the AndyMan DID!

Barbara S said...

Andy and Chase- you guys are machines! I am so proud of you both.

Leon Williamson said...

Andy great. Way to harden the f--- up!! Pray for us Saturday.

Mr. Matt said...

Hey Leon,
I'll pray for you, but I'll also be there to yell at you, er, yell for you, yeah, for you I mean! A dummy's work is nevr done, I'm helping with the race, all day long.