Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ala"NowThat'sATrail"fia 1/2 Marathon




1/2 marathon, wimpy race.... think again! The Alafia Trail 1/2 Marathon, expertly put on by http://www.tamparaces.com/ is no wimpy race.

Sure is fun though. My 1/2 marathon PR: 1:31. My Alafia 1/2 PR: 2:01. This year I ran 2:10, But:


1- The course was muddier than... well, something less muddy. One dude, whom I passed, lost his dang shoe in the mud. (check out my filthy pegs in the picture below)

2- The course has many sharp ups and downs. It is very much fun, but not fast (like me :)

3- I did run 25 w/Frank, Andrea, Julie and Candi yesterday. Also, I threw in extra mile in the Alafia race, just for the heck of it (er, I was following some clowns that went off course, I've run the race 4 times, I should have known better, the course was marked very well.)


D- Oh, yeah, and there was game night at Andrea's last night. She and Armando hosted 6 couples for wine and games (with more whine!) I must say the team of Lynne and Andy dominated. And as far as anyone else knows, we didn't cheat a bit. Much fun, but two large glasses of red wine and a 12:30 bedtime, aren't really the best ways to prepare for a race.

Hey, I 8 not whining (a little oak in there SuperDave), I had me some fun, I got my money's worth, and that aint a lie! And at the end, my just reward. A man's home is his castle, well I really live out of my car, so I guess it's my New Castle (hehe!)

12 comments:

Star said...

Don't be a pansy! Call it training for the Western States or Vermont or uhhh...whichever long-@$$ race you're running next. You know, running while you're tired and all. Of course, there's probably no wine (or whine) at WS. And btw, I heard ya cheating ;) Hope you had fun!

superdave524 said...

My memories of the Alaphia involve lazy river tubing and coolers of beer. And sunburn. They run there, too?

Chase Squires said...

I love that race, great course. Another urban run for me, but sunny and temp approaching 60, what is this Miami Beach?

Rocky next weekend, and suddenly, my lower back hurts, what the f?

superdave524 said...

Whoa, chase! Went back, saw three comments. Thought I'd double clip. Weird, dude. Hey, I just got back from Barnes & Nobles by the Citadel Mall. I'd imagine you never been there before, huh?

Chase Squires said...

Oh, The Citadel mall, like, no copyright infringement there, eh?

Nope, they didn't have B and N back when I went to El Cid .. in fact, they didn't even have books, we just had to hang around smart people.

I never found any.

Mr. Matt said...

Chase, nor did they my man, nor did they.

Star Baby, I didn't actually cheat, of course we didn't dominate either. But we did do was have a whale of a time. As for cheathouse I was trying to bait Chase into a New England comment, but he found too many of them smarties at the Sit-A-Dull to take that bait. Darn, and I thought I was a master!

Arlene said...

Congratulations?

You got your miles in...

Better you than me; I don't lift my legs high enough to clear twigs.

Eli's coming!

Mr. Matt said...

Go Giants! Yeah, I should have knon it would take the World's best team (or any of 7 others) to beat the Bucs!!

Lynne said...

Superdave, my memory of the Alafia includes wine and a canoe. Everything went overboard, including the (squeaky) styro cooler. Many years later it ends up in AMans 'hood.

superdave524 said...

Lynne, you absolutely need to get that cooler back. A-Man don't need it no how. I've always said that styrafoam coolers are the second leading cause of drinking beer.

Mr. Matt said...

Damn but you can be funny SuperD. 2nd leading cause, and I believe you divorced the first leading cause!

superdave524 said...

Ssshhh! The kids might hear!