Saturday, January 19, 2008

Epic Run, Fun and Nap

After too little sleep last night, I popped up at 4:45 this AM and chucked some stuff together, hopped in my Hooptee and motored down to Croom, where I met, Becky, Joe, Julie, Woody, Dan, Adam, and Tracy for a 20 mile run.

The weather turned rainy and cold (AndyMan's kind of weather!) Now I'm not talking Colorado cold, Brooksville cold. It probably dropped into the mid-60's. Julie, Becky and I stayed together as the Beckster led us through through the Silver Lake Loop. She has learned it well, no wrong turns and perfect pacing.

After Silver Lake, we started seeing very many hiker/campers who came to us from the greater Orlando area. Even though they came on church bus, they still seemed pretty nice. Evangelicals just get up there beside me. My God's better than your God, and if you don't like him we're going to have to kill you. Chill out! Religion isn't special if you have to force it on people, why don't some people get that? After the church folks we saw some old people hiking the trail, that was cool, go oldsters! All in all, it was the busiest I've ever seen the trail with hikers, and it was not a nice day.


After our run, we cooked out, (check us out on the Below.) We had fun (thanks to Joe, pictured by the grill, for driving all the way to the store that did have coals, since yours truly ducked up his one job and went to a store that had the nerve to be out of coals, schmitz! I shoulda phoned ahead! I better Drop and Give Myself 20!) And one more thing, it was so nice to have the Godfather of Croom, Dan Miller back out Cooking out with us, Dan is solo in the chair on the left. Any way, Dan, I know you never left, but welcome the hell back anyway!






Quickie cookieoutie, then I managed to stay awake long enough to drive home, where I proceeded to have one of those epic naps. I fell asleep at about 1:45 PM, when I woke up it was one of those:

Man, what time is it?
Am I late for work?
Why isn't it dark?

Then the brain tells the body:
It's 3:30 PM.
No, work isn't till Tuesday.
Ok, It's not generally dark at 3:30, no eclipse today!

All in all, a good day. If you stayed home, Drop and give me 20! Now off to the movies, I may even get butter on my popcorn!
Fun Post Coming Tomorrow. AllI'msayingisstartthinkingaboutyourfavoriterunningsongs!

10 comments:

superdave524 said...

waaaiit a minute. How'd you take a picture of yersef if'n yer asleep?

Chase Squires said...

All's I'm sayin, is havin' a nude-colored dog is very cool ... he always looks nekkid ...

Man, wish I coulda been there, jealous. I did another urban run, a few hours of streets and parks and and streets, them thar hills is hip deep in snow. Alas.

but the Rocky Rack is just two weeks away ... although it suddeenly occurs to me I'll be on an airlane during the superbowl .. while the Pats kick some NFC butt ... sigh.

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah man, when I did The Rock dos anos ago, I was on a plane during the superlative bowl as well. I missed another Pats Vic... no it was when the Steelers stole the game over the Seaharks. Amember that one?

The Professor said...

What? No pictures of me at Croom? Who do I gotta sleep with to get a starring role in this blog?

Mr. Matt said...

Hey, Adam, you gotta finish with the main pack man. I was already 3-Sheets into the wind, and had put up the camera when you finished!

(hey, Adam is plenty fast, I just started earlier!)

Chase Squires said...

Obviously, Har-Har.

Dr. Maguse said...

hey, that's the first photo you ever sent me...and i wondered how you took that shot too.

Mr. Matt said...

Actually that was taken by mall security at Burdines. Hey, I try everything before I buy, what I'm getting Harley an inferior mattress? I Don't think so! (said like the guy in Rat Race that pierced his own tongue! I 'ont 'ink so!)

Star said...

Sorry I missed it A-man, but you would have been carrying my tired @$$ for the entire 20 miles! I'd take Big Head Todd over hanging around eating meat any day. I'll join you all for eats after a run. Someday. No, really.

kate said...

Woah, Joe, you wanna close those legs buddy? Leave something to the imagination?

We're not all Britney Spears, big guy.

That shot's even too risque for me. Now that's sayin' something.