Monday, January 21, 2008

You're Not Getting Older, You're Getting HOTTER!

Well, er, yeah, you are getting older, but that isn't necessarily the reason you're having a bad day.

Take it from Harley (as long as it isn't food, that would be a bad idea!) we ran 2 miles today and he was greased lightening! He was quicker than I've seen him, ever. We were around our loop before I could say, Grand Slam!" When we ran on Thursday, I was dragging him around for 1/2 the distance of this mornings jaunt.

Hey, Harley, what gives?

Harley says, "Woof!" which I take to mean, "Well, surrogate owner, the difference is this morning it is about 46 degrees out and Thursday you took me out of the cool house and made me run in 75 degrees and humidity. I'm freaking 10 years old, which is 70 in dumba@@ years, and get me bone right after you Drop and give me 20!"

Oh, I see, when it's hot an humid, we don't run as well. Yeah I see it now, but come June as I'm fine tuning for States I will have forgotten this lesson. I'll be months in to the heat, and I'll have forgotten that even my 10 year old dog can still run well in the cool, crisp air. When I start whining, someone please remind me that I can probably still run pretty well in cooler weather. Harley, what a great teacher!

7 comments:

Dr. Maguse said...

48 is the hottest year...
just look at who's 48...my beau and... yours truly, kevin spacey

Mr. Matt said...

Well cool, I got two years to get smokin' hot! Though it would be a krummy thing to be as hot as your beau. and I mean that!

Dr. Maguse said...

nah...then 50 will be the hottest age!

Chase Squires said...

Today's mornin' temp, -2 ... cool enough for ya?

Mr. Matt said...

Can you say winter in Florida and summer in Colorado? That'd be nice.

Lynne said...

Yeah . . . :)

Chase Squires said...

Good plan, Andy! Step 1) win the lottery ...