Friday, February 15, 2008

Song of the Week #4

Marshall, Marshall honey, you know, it's not good to be too anything.

That's what Miss Anna Black (she had children and she had grandchildren, but in Spartenburg, S.C. and the rest of the South, when you get old enough, you get your Miss back) said to Marshall Chapman on what it is to be a lady.

Well, I don't want to be a lady, but the above is a story from the song, Bizzy Bizzy Bizzy, on a Marshall Chapman albumn done at the lady's state prison in Memphis, TN. And I'm sure Miss Chapman (no she's not that old), I'm sure Marshall, will be happy to know that it's my song of the week.
The song talks about just being too darn busy. This is the LAST TIME (until the next time) that I will whine about it. But geez, I've got a large stack of papers to grade, writing and running to do, I should coach some track, I'm running 40 miles tomorrow, I'd love to sleep for hours and hours, I haven't giving Ali her Valentines yet, WWWaaaaaaaa, Bizzy, Bizzy, Bizzy, All the time.
Yeah, last Saturday was sweet. You can find the lyrics here: http://www.tallgirl.com/

And this is a true story, Rebex and I are prolly the only two folks in these parts that have Busy on our MP3's and 1/2 the time we are too busy to listen to this particular song.

5 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Rock on, Andyman ... you know what else is a good git-a-long? Mambo Number Five ... just sayin'

Mr. Matt said...

And aint you right about that song! I liked bizzy, cause man, I wanted to run longer, but had to go to school, yadda, yadda, that old chestnut.

Never thought the day would come when I wanted to run more! Tell that to the kids today, and they don't believe you.

Chase Squires said...

Hey, peeps, a North Dakota blogger and high school runner, Josh, dropped me a note, he's got a passion for running and likes to hear from others ... check out his blog and leave a comment for him .. .

http://kawivulcan.blogspot.com/

superdave524 said...

...well, we had it tough...

Anonymous said...

Chaser, I just happen to have Mambo Number Five on my iPod. Definitely a good git-a-long.