Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Thinkerr

I reckon I didn't realize it, but I've been consistent lately. I've run every day for, let me check my running log, 20 days, it was 1/14 the last time I took a day off... until yesterday. Oh, my legs felt fine, I just felt like sleeping in and letting my body recover a bit. Usually I take one day off a week, but I feel like it's not a real run if I just jog with Harley, thing is, then I figure, well, I'm dressed for a run, I'm sweaty, may as well throw in a couple more, and BAM, it's 20 days.

So, I went to run this morning, started with Harley for 2, and in 24 measly hours, I had forgotten how to run. My legs just didn't seem to know what to do. I was asking myself, "Why am I out here? What should I do?" It was weird. I was thinking, man I just did 20 miles on Sunday, now I can't figure out this little jog. No, I didn't drink last night. No, I didn't bump my head sprinting out of the "Living Eucharist" seminar the school forced us to go to yesterday. I just couldn't remember how to do it. Fortunately Har-Har remembered. It took about 30 yards to turn our stroll into a jog into a run. So, I let him lead me for 2 miles, and by the 2nd of my 4.5 post Harley solo miles I was already employing some of my old running tricks to fight fatigue and boredom.

You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks; but an old dog can you help you re-learn some of your old tricks!

12 comments:

superdave524 said...

...or as most excellent Leto H.S. science teacher Roy Thomas (r.i.p.) said, "silly Rabbi, kicks are for trids!".

Mr. Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Matt said...

We Bulls Wobble but we don't fall down. I can still picture that, easy to remember because like those bulls, Roy rocked!

Mr. Matt said...

Wobble this! Why don't you go stick some Foo excrement on your shoe, afterall, If the Foo $hit$, wear it! He shoots, he score, NOW YOU Drop and give me 20 Andy"stupid"Man.

superdave524 said...

one from former co-employee v. m. manning smith in beaufort: it's a knick-knack, Patty Black, give the frog a loan".

superdave524 said...

... also from Roy: he who lives in grass house shouldn't stow throwns.

Star said...

You MUST be old if your body forgets "how to run" after one day off!

Mr. Matt said...

Old & tired that's be me! Hey, it's not like I was ever that dern Sir-Re-Brawl to begin with (oops, with which to begin!)

Chase Squires said...

hey, hey ... check it out, I bought my own domain name at godaddy.com ... now you can get to the blog at dirtyrunningthoughts.com ... no more "blogspot" needed ... the old address works too, no need to change the link, but it's pretty cool.

Arlene said...

Now you know why they call a dog "man's best friend"!

Mr. Matt said...

Excellent Arlene, and A+ for the day!

Arlene said...

Thank you Mr Mathews! Let's hope that I pass the FCAT!