Friday, May 30, 2008

Song of the Week #38: Joe Bon Walshi

Ok, I'm fixin' (Southern colloquialism, means about to :) to do my inaugural Denver exploratory run. Wouldn't be fair for me to pick a song before that run. So, I'll be adding to this post when I return!

After flirting with some whacky ones I am just going with some Jon Bon Jovi meets Joe Walsh at Farm Aid:

I know there are a lot of good ones, but I've always liked that one. I thought about Rocky Mountain High, but it's too slow.

God it's beautiful here. I just ran all over downtown and discovered that Denver is prettier than most places, but it's like Vincent Vega said about Europe to Jules in Pulp Fiction, "I mean, they got the same stuff over there as we got here." Denver does have the same stuff. REI, it's just a store. Nothing special. And Starbucks, here's the song I would have played were I crude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7aIMzUFMXc man, they got a Starbucks on every stinking corner! Listen, I've had my last Starbucks! It's local or it's not at all henceforth! Beautiful place like this and corporate whores......... I will not rant, Denver I love ya, but Drop and give me 20!

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Hmm ... Bob Seger, "Get Outta Denver" ... Warren Zevon, "Things to do in Denver when you're dead?" here's the video ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JLcfz8jMKzM

Or, you can't go wrong with this classic ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OwARpaKHx_w

(yeah, we still like the song)

superdave524 said...

Both better than this'n by Hank, Jr.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNadpgiv_VA

The Professor said...

In celebration of the fact that you are in Denver maybe you should post a "Ward Churchill Essay of the Week"...now that UC Boulder fired him he needs a place to publish...why not your blog...

Chase Squires said...

Jeeze, without Starbucks, what would we drink? Oh, beer. I'm cool.

Hey, it's the corporate home to Chipotle ... so there's that!

(What'dya think REI was? a museum)

Anonymous said...

But, did you go to the REI SUPERSTORE? The superstore is, well...super! Ouray? (Tell Chase he's gotta take you to Ouray.)

Anonymous said...

I went to the REI superstore, and it was less than super. Sure they had a lot of stuff, but they weren't throwing around the discounts, not at all.

As for Ouray, they aren't having those sweet sales anymore :-(

What's next?

superdave524 said...

I like Starbucks. 'Course, I like Downtown Books and Coffee better.