Monday, September 27, 2010

So, Cool the Fonz Approves!


Did I get a letter this weekend?
AAAAAAAAAAY!
I got the A. Pinhoti Tra_ _ _ _ _
Almost there, but I'd better be, only 5 weeks to race time. Yikes!
I did my 20 in Clermont, I did the second 10 in about 1:35 with a stop in the Orange Grove to fertalize the winter crop (I said CROP!). So that's just over 9 minute miles with no walk breaks. It may not be fast enough to keep up with A2 in Arkansas, but it'll get me a belt buckle in Alabama.
In additon to the stellar running I weighed in at 180 on Sunday, that's four pounds lower than on my birthday. If I lose a pound a week I can weigh in at 175 in Alabama, shoot that's what I weighed when I lived in Alabama during college!
Yep, that's an A, or as the Fonz would say, AAAAAAAAAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you could fertilize Florida's entire citrus crop with these stories of 9 minute miles and no walk breaks. On second thought, maybe you should leave all of the fertilizing to me and my superior genetic makeup.

-Dean Karnazes

Mr. Matt said...

Ok, Dean, have you ever been Florida Ultra Runner of the year?

No, well I have! I can still run a 9 minute mile if I really have to!

BTW, I really liked your latest book, "Where God went Wrong!" You should look into being a Greek God (instead of just a GD Greek!)

YOurs truly, Body by Budwiser!

Anonymous said...

Sit on it Dean!

Anson Williams

Anonymous said...

Being Florida's ultrarunner of the year is like getting to sit in the front seat of the short bus.

-Dean Karnazes

Mr. Matt said...

Dean,

I agree with Pottsie of there, Sit on it!